Fishcake Skewer Soup
Nov 14, 2023
Oh-deng-tang (오뎅탕) is a Korean fishcake soup known for its comforting and savory flavor. Many used to gather around food trucks after school to enjoy fish cake skewers with spicy topokki. While food stands may be less common these days, 오뎅탕 remains a popular choice, especially during cold weather. The broth, typically made with anchovies and kelp, serves as the soup base, but for convenience, we'll be using our broth tablet in this recipe. After all, who has time for grocery shopping and homemade broth? Our broth tablet is just as good, if not better, and it's a healthier option with fewer additives.
Moreover, our fish cake skewers boast an impressive 79% fish meat content, a rarity in the market. Using actual fish meat instead of a mixture with flour or other ingredients gives our skewers a chewy and firm texture, accompanied by a rich and savory flavor.
Invite friends and family over for a cozy night filled with fish cake skewer soup. They're sure to love it, but do remind them to dispose of the skewers safely to avoid any unintentional pokes during the enjoyment of this delightful meal.
1 bag of Skewer fishcake 1kg 20pcs Add to cart
3 Tablets of All Purpose Broth Tablets Add to cart
1/2 Radish (optional)
1/2 Onion (optional)
3 shiitake mushrooms (optional)
1/2 bunch of Mugwort
HOW TO MAKE
1. Add 1 liter of water to a pot.
2. Add three tablets of all purpose broth tablet and bring it to boil. (Add radish and onion here if desired)
3. Add fishcake skewers and bring it to boil. (Position skewers so the fishcakes are submerged.)
4. Add mushrooms and mugwort, and let it boil for another few minutes.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy.