Dried Pollock Soup
Aug 17, 2023
Dried pollock soup (북엇국) presents a harmonious blend of flavors, where the umami-rich anchovy broth combines with the subtle seafood essence of pollock, creating a delicate yet satisfying base. Sweet notes from sliced vegetables complement the savory tones, while seasonings like garlic and sesame oil add depth. Beyond its taste, this traditional Korean dish holds cultural significance as a comforting winter staple that not only warms the body but also nurtures the spirit. With a history deeply intertwined with Korea's cold seasons, dried pollock soup symbolizes both physical nourishment and emotional comfort by offering not only a delicious meal but also a sense of well-being.
Dried pollock slices 100g Add to cart
Minced garlic 1T
Salted opossum shrimp 1/2T Add to cart
One serrano pepper
One green onion
Soy sauce 1T
Absolute anchovy sauce 1/2T Add to cart
Sesame oil 1T Add to cart
HOW TO MAKE
1. Soak dried pollock slices in a 300ml bowl of water.
2. Squeez out water from pollock slices, and keep the water to make broth later.
3. Stir-fry pollock slices with sesame oil on a pot for about a minute.
4. Add the water used to soak pollock to the pot and add more water (600ml).
5. Add minced garlic, soy sauce, salt, salted opossum shrimp, and bring it to boil.
6. Beat eggs in a bowl and add to the pot while boiling. Stir the soup before dripping eggs in the bowl to the pot to make eggs fluffy.
7. Add in the green onion and boil for another 3 minutes.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!